Tuesday, May 15, 2012

[Guestpost] Like a Candy Shop

Hello there! 
For those of you who don't know me, my name is Elsa, and I'm a 21 year old girl from Italy. When I'm not painting my nails, I'm just an average University student in Venice, where I'm studying German and English and art history :) And when I'm painting my nails I'm the girl from Like a candy shop  :P If you're wondering how my passion for nail polish started...well, I guess it's because my mum forbade me to paint my nails when I was younger, and when I finally got the age to decide for myself, well, you can imagine what happened :P And I started blogging about a year ago first because I wanted to improve my skills and then I got inspired by soooo many nail bloggers out there that I wanted to become one of them. So, here I am :)

I'm Danny's guest today, and I'm so happy she asked me to write a guest post for her blog, because I'm following hers for so long and I really love it (and I'm so jealous of her nail polish collection >.<) :D
So, she asked me to do something that would represent me, but, because I'm mostly a swatcher (and that would have been a bit boring for a guest post), I decided to do some kind of nail art. And because everyone seems to go crazy for gradient nails right now, I thought it would be fun to try this technique too :)

So, here is my attempt! I used "Blue my mind" from H&M as base colour (2 coats) and then I sponged my tips (with Sammy's tutorial) with Kiko n.389, which is one of my favourite colours at the moment.
I really liked the result, even if they don't look as good as many other manis I've seen lately :P Let's face it, I'm not that great at nail art XD

Anyway, I hope you like it, because I've put much effort and love in this mani <3
Thanks again to Danny for having me today, it was actually a lot of fun trying something new ^O^

Have a nice day ladies!

____________________

Danke an Elsa!

Ich finde, Elsas Design ist wirklich gut gelungen und ich glaube nicht, dass mein erster Versuch nur halb so schön aussehen würde.  Aber irgendwann werde ich es bestimmt auch noch mal ausprobieren. Bis dahin begnüge ich mich mit diesen tollen Fotos.

Was denkt ihr über den Gastbeitrag? Hat er euch gefallen? Und kanntet ihr Elsa vorher schon?
___________________

Thank you, Elsa!

I really like this  gradient mani! I don't think my first try would look that awesome. But maybe one day I'll try it by myself. For now I love to look at these pictures.

So please let me know, what you think about this guest post from Elsa? Did you like it? And did you know her before?


Thanks for watching! Take care and have a nice day!
Danny