Tuesday, September 25, 2012

[Guestpost] My Polish Stash



Hello fellow Polish Chest Readers!

A few weeks back Danny asked me to write a guest post for her blog and I instantly said yes. Her blog was one of the first I came across when my obsession for nail polish began back in 2010. Not only does she have super neat nails, but she also is a nice and funny person, so how could I say no ;) 

Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Sabine, I am in my late twenties and I am the person behind the blog My Polish Stash. I’ve been blogging for a little more than one year now and it is so much fun to share my passion with so many fellow nail polish lovers. My love for nails already started as a teenager, but my nail polish collection never got past 10 or 15 bottles (mostly near black shades, because I was in my Goth’n Roll phase at that time *shudders*). Two years ago I stumbled upon Scrangie and All Lacquered Up showing all kinds of polish brands I have never heard of before. So I placed my very first US order including some OPI, China Glaze and Essie polishes – et voilà, my addiction for painted nails was born. Since then I’ve tried all sorts of designs, from tape manicures over watermarble to stamping (at which I suck, lol), but I don’t really have a favorite nail art technique. I just love to play with all sorts of materials, colors and finishes. However, for Danny’s guest post I wanted to do something special. I recently purchased “The Wah Nails Book Of Nail Art” and fell in love with the “Pow” design. This design is reminiscent of those Roy Lichtenstein pop art comics. I know that Danny likes comic books, so I thought this would be a nice thing to do. Here is what I ended up with.
I am sorry for the awkward hand pose, but I wanted to put my thumb in the picture as well. The colors I used are OPI - Don’t Mess With OPI, Catrice – Bloody Mary To Go, Revlon – Royal, OPI – Need Sunglasses?, Wet’n Wild Black and White Crème as well as black acrylic paint for the letters and outlines. I personally love the combination of the bright colors with the dots. This manicure surely isn’t wearable for every occasion, but it is so much fun to look at. 
I hope you all enjoyed this design just as much as I do. Thanks for reading and thanks to Danny for having me on her blog!

<3 Sabine
_________________________

Awww, thank you, Sabine! This really looks awesome! And yes: I love comics and I love this design. It's super pretty and I think you'll get a lot of compliments when you wear it.

Thanks again for beeing a guest on my blog! 

Danny